Thanks for your interest in joining the team at Mazda Toyota Manufacturing!
We are now hiring qualified candidates to join our team as Production Team Leaders. Applicants for the Production Team Leader position are required to have 2+ years of leadership and training experience in a fast-paced industrial work environment. They are a vital component to our success! Learn more about the position and apply at the link below.
Production Team Leader
Starting pay rate of $20.71 with a top rate of $25.50 after periodic, regular wage increases plus shift premium available when rotating.
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing’s brand new, world-class automotive manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing’s mission is to build trust and loyalty through innovation and collaboration. Our team members come to work every day ready to demonstrate their skills and contribute to the success of our company and their production department. You should have an energetic spirit, positive attitude, and desire to learn and practice the fundamentals of each job in a challenging, fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Production Team Leaders coach, train and support Team Members to perform their roles within Safety, Quality and Productivity standards and are a vital component to our success.
- Production Team Leaders are hourly non-exempt employees; Starting pay is $20.71 per hour.
- Production Team Leaders support Mazda Toyota Manufacturing’s Assembly, Body Weld, Paint, Stamping, Quality Control, and Conveyance production departments.
- Communicates and enforces safety standards, processes and use of personal protective equipment.
- Leads new and periodic team member trainings to ensure versatile and current understanding of manufacturing and quality process requirements.
- Confirms Team Member attendance and prepares tools and equipment for daily production start-up.
- Communicates and confirms lineside condition to ensure quality of vehicles.
- Responds to problems during vehicle production by making necessary repairs to maintain on-going production.
- Conducts standardized work audits.
- Performs troubleshooting and backup in case of equipment failures.
- Promotes continuous improvement to safety, quality, and productivity processes.
- Creates documentation for each process in a given department.
- Supports new vehicle introduction with training and documentation of standardized work instructions prior to plant start of production with a focus on Safety, Quality, and Production standards.
- 18+ years of age at time of application.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2+ years of leadership and training experience in a fast-paced industrial work environment.
- Attend training in Japan and other U.S. manufacturing plants for up to 3 months at a time.
- Positive attitude and with ability to lead, coach and train others, willingness to learn.
- Strong communication and technical decision-making skills.
- Willing to work daily and weekly overtime.
- Able to work rotating shifts:
- Rotating shifts are defined as working a day shift then an evening/night shift set on a rotating schedule.
- Experience as an Automotive Mechanic or Technician and/or graduation from a Manufacturing or Automotive Certification Program preferred.
- Strong manual dexterity and ability to use hand tools preferred.
- Experience using Quality gauges (calipers, micrometers, height gauges, etc.) preferred.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing invests in our team members from day one. We are committed to offering opportunities for growth and advancement in your area of excellence. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an excellent benefits package featuring health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company match, and a vehicle buy/lease program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have previously completed an application or need to finish an existing application, please use this link: https://mtmus.selectrakonline.com/recruitment/portal/myjobs.aspx